Friday, September 5, 2008

Mamma Mia!!


Well it is not all bad not working all the time. Yesterday I went to the movies and for the first time ever went on my own. The last movie I went to the cinema to see was ‘The Long Kiss Goodnight’ – so it has been a while!

I went to see Mamma Mia, firstly I love Abba music, but I don’t own any – does that put me in a different league? Secondly I love Meryl Streep, she is such a brilliant artist. And of course seeing the eye candy of Pierce Brosnan, does no harm at all.

The movie house was almost empty – me, in the front – 3 older people at the back and two others that came in afterwards.

I enjoyed the movie, and yes, I did sing a bit (I should have danced a bit)! If you see it, watch our during the ’Dancing Queen’ sequence – there is Benny Anderson playing the piano on a boat in the bay!

I did not know that the line up of actors was so fantastic; they were mostly famous faces. Christine Baranski (always fab), Julie Walters (always so funny).

If you want to see a musical comedy – this is the one to make to smile. I ended up having a conversation with the elderly threesome, who was in the cinema, and we all enjoyed it. The lady in particular said she had not been to the movies in ten years, and that she had had a really enjoyable time.


Whilst I was in the shops prior to going in to the movie I went into Clicks, it has just opened in the mall. I asked on of the personnel how long they had been opened, and they opened yesterday, so it was their first day open. So I said “Congratulations” and moved on. I bought a hand cream and a body exfoliator – both rather cheaply, and when I left I was presented wit a gift pack – lucky me! Picture of gift pack, it must be worth rather a lot!

BTW, I am using works 3G card to access the internet, so this may be a short-lived access.

2 comments:

mainely stitching said...

I've heard this film is SO much fun. Can't wait till I get a chance to catch it. :D

Anonymous said...

I love to go to movies by myself. When I go with my friend Diane she never shuts up and we dammed near end up in fist-a-cuffs. LMAO

I relly want to see this one. Sounds so good and I too love ABBA's music and own none. I'd see anything with Pierce Bronson it it...he is wonderful to look at and dammed charming and funny to boot.

So glad you get out to have a bit of fun and wow...free gifts too.

xxx Jolie
xxx Jolie