Monday, September 29, 2008

CapeTown Sunday - picture heavy

On our third and final day in Cape Town we took a drive around the coast. Nicole accompanied us and we went from our hotel to the Cape of Good Hope and Cape Point. Although it is not a long drive, the roads are narrow and slow going. We went firstly to Hout Bay. (Wood Bay). There were many strange and defunct ships in the harbour. Pictures follow – aren’t they odd?




Note my wind burn!! Very pink!!



The scenery though was fantastic as was the weather. At Simonstown we saw some whales basking in the bay – these are the first ever I have seen in the sea!. Then I spotted my own whale – you can see a ripple where he was floating around. (More or less in the centre to the left)


We then went onto Cape Point – see the vernicular train? The Cape is in a reserve, which is lovely change from the streets. I did not walk up to the lighthouse – I was so stiff from the walking on Saturday. I stayed at the viewpoint that was afforded at the vernicular off load area. Then we looked at the curio shop and had a cool drink.


Sorry I do not know how to turn this!







Picture of the one poster on the wall in the museum part: Nicole nearly choked when she saw it! (any doubts as to the meaning please search Wiki!)
Part two to follow – too many photos!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW...this looks like it was a most fasinating holiday. What a lovely place to visit. I love the sea and the mountain roads and all the history that seems to ooze from this special spot. Thanks for sharing.

xxxJolie