Monday, October 5, 2009

update no 213334

Wow, lots to tell you all.

I flew to CT on Thursday morning and slept all the way – bargain! But I lost my pillow in the airport on the way down, I know exactly where it was lost, and it was gone! So today I have a stiff neck! From sleeping all the way back.

When I arrived Henk’s mom had Tim in her arms, he looked dreadful. He had been taken out of ICU and discharged as they did not want him in the hospital with sick children. He was as weak as a new born. Poor baby. Henk’s mom Lauretta then went into the airport to leave CT to JHB (granny tag team) and Coralie and I went on to the Red Cross hospital for Tim’s check up. His oncologist even phoned his paediatrician to say “His sparkle has gone”. But by the end of the day he was so improved, I think the fact he has started eating like a horse helps! He loves Purity carrots!

So, at this stage he has spent almost ten days in the hospital having blood transfusions, and platelet transfusions.

Thursday night he kept up Coralie and Henk so Coralie stayed home on Friday. I was supposed to have him all day. But it was for the best as he had a really bloody nappy later in the day. Henk had taken Coralie’s car as his had a flat battery and we had no transport. We had to ask a neighbour to take us to the paed, as we were car-less. I had phoned the Dr’s office to ask if we could just walk straight in the Dr’s rooms as Tim had just come out of hospital and was still weak. So we saw the Dr very quickly and he wanted more blood tests taken. Henk came home to swap cars and give us Coralie’s one back. We then took Tim to have his bloods done. And later landed up taking him back to hospital as he needed more blood transfusions and platelets. This poor child has transfusion after transfusion, and his blood counts still are not high enough. (I am a bit foggy on why he needs the bloods at all, the platelets I understand). The most amazing thing is that this poor kid after the platelets has a totally different colour and is so calm. So, the poor baby was back in hopistal. I have to admit neither Coralie or I took it well. The staff all say ‘Hello Timothy’ when they see them. Nobody wants to be that recognised!

So he spent another night in hospital. He has started playing with his bear; it is so sweet.

So Saturday morning, Coralie and I went to see him early on, and when he went to sleep we left to go to the mall. We spent a bit of money and had a breakfast together. That was one of the high points of the weekend. We went back to the hospital and about 17h30 we took him home. The sister had tried to take bloods from his neck and there is a huge bruise on his neck, and his skin is so thin when the plasters are removed, they tear off his skin, so he really does not look great as he had to have his head shaved as well to get his drip in. He is covered in bruises – at every joint there is two bruises. They cannot get a needle in just anywhere. For the blood tests they are taking samples from his heel now, as there is nowhere else to get a sample from.

So I left early on Sunday, and got home about lunchtime. I was sad to leave but had to get home and to work, I have a stock take this week to complete.

And this morning I hit a dog on the way to work. I was traveling down a remote road and something ran in front of my car, I couldn’t see what it was, then realized two dogs were chasing it, and the leading one landed up being hit by my car bumper. I am not impressed and have a good mind to stop at the nearest farm house to see if the dog is okay and see what their insurance status is as they are liable. Sigh, I am so fed up with excitement!


mainely stitching said...

Oh my heavens, Coral. The poor boy! And all the rest of you, too. Sigh. I hope better days are right around the corner!!

Aussie Stitcher said...

Your and your family continue to be in my thoughts, take care of yourself. ((((HUGS))))

Anonymous said...

I read these words and find tears brimming up in my eyes for little Tim and all of you. Know I am keeping you and your little guy in my thoughts and prayers with hopes that it will help. My gosh Coral you are strong and brave.

I'm not doing e-mail right now because they are so restrictive here at the Library about what we can and cannot do on their computers. I rarely have the car either so I don't get here much even to post on the blog.

I loved Richelle and Dan's wedding and it was good to be home a couple of days for it.

This city is small but okay. Still it's not home and I so miss home, my family and kitts. I can't complain much as so many people don't have a job these days. At least Kevin is able to find work (Still) so I'm determined to make the best of it and be thankful that we can still pay our way...bills and such.

I'll try to get back to you soon. I hope you have happy moments during this time of great stress and kiss that little Tim for me.

Love, Jolie